Smile Protection Plan...the No Insurance Plan!
No Waiting Period. One Low Annual Fee. No Deductible. No Premiums. No Hassle.
Total Value = $483
2 Exams = $148
2 Cleanings = $194
X-Rays (full series) = $141
Plus 20% Off Dental Treatment
Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Chandler, AZ
Rest. Relax. Take it Easy.
Let’s face it, if you’re like most people you’re understandably anxious about visiting a Chandler dentist – particularly if you haven’t seen one in a while.
If so, we hope this doesn’t stop you from reaching out! There is a solution and we’d like to help. First, you can rest assured that Dr. Taylor and his staff will carefully listen to your concerns and address each and every one.
Then they’ll do everything in their power to alleviate your anxieties and make sure that your experience is safe, gentle, comfortable, and as stress-free as possible. Before long, you’ll feel like one of the family!
With so many dentists in Chandler, how do you decide which one is best for you? They all claim that they are the best at what they do so your confusion is understandable. It remains up to you to know what to look for in a good dentist. Before we get into what to look for in a dentist, we should briefly talk about when you should look for a dentist. The best time is now, before you have an emergency. Looking for a dentist when you have an emergency can be very distressing especially if you are in pain (most dental emergencies are painful).
What to look for in a dentist
• The first thing that you should look for is certification. They must be licensed to practice in Arizona. They should also be registered with the Arizona Board of Dental Examiners and be members of the American Dental Association. All this information is usually listed on their websites or displayed in their offices. If they are members of all these bodies it shows that they have the proper training and are certified to carry out dental work.
• Know the kind of dentist that you need. It can be very confusing especially when you consider the fact that dentists come with so many different names. Do you need a general dentist, a cosmetic dentist, an orthodontist, a pedodontist (also pediatric dentist)? The best way to decide what you need is to think about what you need them for. If you have a cavity, for instance, a general dentist or an orthodontist will do. If you have kids you might want to choose a general dentist who works on both kids and adults or a pediatric dentist just for them. If you want to have your teeth whitened then you need a cosmetic dentist. It is important to note that usually, before you see a specialist dentist such as an orthodontist you are required to see a general dentist for an initial diagnosis.
• How easily can you reach them? It is important that you choose a dentist who is close to either your work or your home or both. The last thing you want is to be driving across Chandler in an emergency.
• Check the kind of reviews that the dentist gets. People are eager to share information online these days and they are particularly eager when they have a negative experience. If the dentist you are considering has more than a few bad reviews then they are not right for you.
• Are they available when you are free? This is important if you work. You have to find a dentist who can either see you early in the morning before you go to work or late in the evening after work. Find out if they work weekends and holidays.
• What do their offices look like? Are they sanitary? Do you feel comfortable having procedures done there? You need to have a pleasant experience every time so you should look at not just how hygienic it is but also the demeanor of the employees. It is hard for most people to visit the dentist and it can be much harder if the employees don’t have a bedside manner about them.
• Cost is very important when it comes to finding a dentist. Their costs vary widely and if you are not careful you may be paying more than you should. Some investigations have revealed that some dentists charge 3 or 4 times as others would for the same procedure. If insurance handles your payments find out whether you are responsible for any portion of it.
• What happens if you have an emergency? Dental emergencies are quite common especially in kids and people who have existing dental problems. Even people with perfect teeth can sometimes find themselves looking at a chipped or even cracked tooth. Find a dentist who is able to take you during an emergency.
• Do you feel comfortable with the dentist himself? This is very important, You want to be able to have free conversations with your dentist. They should be able to tell you about your teeth and treatment options and you should be able to ask questions without hesitation. Also, dental procedures feel better if there is no tension in the room.
• Be careful about dentists who suggest lots of treatment options. Investigations have shown that some dentists in Chandler will recommend unnecessary procedures just so that they can make money. If you are doubtful about a dentist’s recommendations you should seek a second opinion.
• How do they take their payment? Is it check, cash, do they accept your insurance carrier? These details should be confirmed before you have your first treatment.
Where do you find a dentist?
It is well and good to know how to find a dentist but where is the best place to find them? The best dentists come through referrals. If a family member, friend or colleague recommends a dentist then most likely they are good. That said, you should have some questions of your own. Ask them what they were seeing the dentist for, how long they had to wait, how the dentist explained treatment options, how much they paid and their overall feeling of the place.
The other place you can look is online. Just Google for Chandler dentists; you will get a long list of results. Pick the first three and then go through their websites to see what they are like. The best dentists like to give their clients information so if you find a dentist keen on posting useful content you can put them on your shortlist. If you find a dentist this way it is important to visit their offices in advance to get a feel of the place. You should also look at testimonials before you make an appointment.
It is true that there are many dentists in Chandler but these tips should help make it easier for you.